BSc Open, BA (Hons) Health & Social Care, 

Cert. Mental Health Studies,

PG Cert language and communication difficulties in children


PATOSS: 500002242-OF7079



I am an experienced Education Advocate working in the area of Special Educational Needs.
I hold a Master’s Degree in Education, am an Associate Member of the British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA) and hold an Assessment Practicing Certificate (APC).
I am able to write reports for Education, Health and Care plans, Access Arrangements for exams and for Disabled Student's allowance, as well as advising on Reasonable Adjustments in the workplace. I have additional qualifications in autism, dyspraxia and language difficulties.
I have extensive experience in advising on matters of Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) related to children and young people, including assisting with the preparation of appeals to the SEND Tribunal.


Education, Health and Care plans (EHCPs) should be quantified and specified. Parents and teachers alike should be able to understand the language used in EHCPs and know how the provision is delivered, by who and how often. Professionals writing reports should clearly identify a student's needs, the provision to meet those needs and the outcomes that the provision will be working towards.


The SEND system can be confusing to navigate, not just for parents but for schools and colleges too. I offer a bespoke and flexible service depending on individual requirements, for parents, schools and colleges. I adhere to best professional practice, always taking a person-centred approach. I provide a service that everyone can be confident in. 

“Professionals who assess children’s needs and recommend what provision should be put in place to respond to these must adhere to best professional practice so that parents can have confidence in their judgements. We came across examples where this was not the case and this led to a reduction in confidence in the assessment process.”                                                                                                                                                                            (Lamb, 2009)


For parents who are unsure whether they wish or need to use my professional services, free independent advice and guidance on SEND law can be obtained from IPSEA and SOS!SEN. Free advice specifically related to exclusions can be found at The School Exclusion Project.


Each Local Authority must also fund an advice and information support service - IASS - (previously known as Parent Partnership) to support parents. 

To book training on a range of SEND matters, please contact https://www.sen-help.org.uk/


Feel free to stay a while and browse my site, text or email me a question, or join me on Twitter.

Bren Prendergast   Education Advocate (SEND)

© 2023 by Name of Site. Proudly created with Wix.com